CE MARKING EXPLANATION and EU DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY in EU Regulation 2016/425
This mouthguard lobloo SLICK carries the CE Marking to denote its compliance with the requirements of the Regulation (EU) 2016/425 as a 2nd Category PPE = Personal Protective Equipment against medium risks.
Annex II is compliant with EN ISO 13688:2013 and other requirements as per the Internal Protocol of the Notified Body is identical to the PPE object of the CE certificate n ° 716195201/OE
The performances of the mouthguard have been verified by RICOTEST, Notified Body nr. 0498 (Via Tione 9, 37010 Pastrengo - Verona - Italy) on the basis of laboratory tests performed in accordance with an Internal Protocol. The mouthguard has passed the impact force transmission test performed with a flat impactor (2.5 Kg) striking the protector on the incisal surface, frontal buccal flange and palatal flange area at 5J.
Krukmakargatan 28, Stockholm – SWEDEN
The EU Declaration of Conformity is provided together with this Information Notice.
The "CE" means that the product satisfies the basic health and safety requirements of Regulation (EU) 2016/425 – Annex II
MATERIALS AND MANUFACTURING
All materials used, as well as the applied processing techniques, have been chosen to meet the requirements of Regulation (EU) 2016/425. The materials used are not currently known to cause allergic reactions or sensitization.
USE for which the mouthguard is intended
lobloo Slick is the result of extensive laboratory testing and field trials to perfect both of these aspects. A hard-outer layer acts like a shield, efficiently spreading impact forces without feeling plasticky in your mouth. The inner layer, meanwhile, is made from Lo Bloo’s proprietary mould material, which not only ensures a perfect fit; it also retains its shape and superior energy-absorption in the long term. Lo Bloo Slick are meant to reduce the risk of injuries to the mouth when practicing contact sports, like for instance martial arts, rugby or similar sports.
1. For 35 seconds, immerse your Slick in water that has just come off the boil.
2. Shake off any hot water before centering the mouthguard and aligning it with the teeth in your upper jaw.
3. Slowly bite straight down as far as possible into the mould material, without moving your jaw sideways.
4. Shape the inside rims of the mouthguard with your tongue as you press on the outside with your hands for 60-90 seconds. When you remove it, you should feel that it has virtually fused with your upper jaw.
5. Immerse your Slick in cold water for at least 30 seconds.
6. Ready to use
The perfect fit that you just achieved is key to Slick’s superior impact protection. Should you ever need to reshape the mouth-guard, simply follow these steps again.
SAFETY WARNINGS and LIMITATIONS
· NO MOUTHGUARD CAN PROTECT AGAINST ALL INJURIES!
· Do not chew the mouthguard. If it is chewed and/or not used as intended, its effectiveness in terms of fit, protection and durability will be greatly reduced.
· Do not use the mouthguard with braces unless this has been approved by a dentist or orthodontist.
· For users whose mouth is still in growth, the fit of the mouthguard must be checked regularly.
· Replace the mouthguard immediately if it shows signs of wear, cracks or splits or if there is any doubt about its condition.
CARE, MAINTENANCE, STORAGE
· Clean the mouthguard with fresh water after each use. Do not use mouthwashes, toothpaste or other detergents.
· When not in use, the mouthguard must be stored in the bag it is provided with in a dry place, at room temperature. Do not use dryer or heating devices.
· Avoid storing mouthguards under heavy weights in order for them to keep their shape.
· Do not expose the mouthguard to direct sunlight nor to extreme heat for lengthy periods of time.
Duration and Disposal instructions
The obsolescence of the mouthguard depends upon the regularity and severity of its use. These protectors should normally remain serviceable for one and a half years. However, it is strongly advised to visually check them after each use.
At the end of the mouthguard’s useful life be sure to not discard it in the natural environment: please follow local / national environmental regulations. Further information regarding these regulations can be obtained from local authorities.
Signed for and on behalf of FRONTLIFE AB
Usama Aziz, Chief Officer